Wednesday 29 September 2010

I Love the 80s

How did anyone growing up to the pop songs and videos of the 80s turn out straight? Celebs like Boy George, Marilyn, Erasure, Dead or Alive, David Bowie, Madonna,. These men all wore enough makeup, lip gloss and glitzy costumes to make Marilyn Monroe look dowdy...what?..Madonna is a woman?..Are you sure? Really? (Kidding Madge, you know I love you! Don't sue me. :-)) The 80s music industry also saw androgynous women like Annie Lennox, Madonna, Sharleen Spiteri, Lisa Stanfield, all beautiful, all strong, all inspirational as women and as human beings.  

I'm a child of the 80s. I admit it. I love the music,. I know I can already hear the strains of grandpa from you young folk. But I tell you there was no better decade for good music, video cassettes, Rubik cubes, Gremlins, Transformers.  I could go on, but I wont. 

Positive things today. I made my first sale as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment