Thursday 16 September 2010

Day four of my Positive Thinking project (breathe in positivity, breathe out negativity)

Saying yes to everything has it's good and bad points. It opens a world of opportunities. However what you do with those opportunities is up to you.

I've created a blog to chronicle my thoughts and ideas which in itself is strange because i've never really had an interest in blogging before. I tried Yoga for the first time, attended my first ever ballet (Alvin Ailey), and talked to a stranger without feeling self conscious (that's a biggie in London).

It's all about conquering fear...Fear of the unknown, fear of looking stupid or being embarassed or of letting people in. Being aware of this on a conscious level has allowed me to approach fearful situations differently. From releasing a spider instead of killing it and ask questions later(my default setting) to understanding a hostile coworker's reaction is like that becuse she's scared she messed up and shouting and screaming at the people around her isnt going to make it any better. You're still f**ked.

No comments:

Post a Comment