Tuesday 17 January 2012

Ouch

It's been three days since I started the gym and my pains have pains. I joined because I promised myself in 2012 that I would restart working out. I want to look better and feel better about myself health wise. I used to be in the gym last year and I probably went for 2 months total. That isn't so bad if I didn't pay for a year in advance. LOL. So this year I am determine to make things happen and not just sit at home and hope hat they happen.

I'm beginning to realise just how much of my life is lived in my head and not outside of it. Ouch Even though I know what I am suppose to do to achieve the things I want in my life still I place mental blocks, and obstacles in my way. And they are very clever that I am able to fool myself into thinking I deserve the behaviour that I engage in. I work hard all day I deserve to come home, sit in front of a TV/relax and do nothing don't I? DON'T I?

Apparently I don't. Ouch. Well let me clarify that, I do deserve to relax if I want but I also need to realise that every action has a consequence. If I sit on the couch for the next 5 -7 hours when I get home that is 5 - 7 hours that I am not committing my energies to creating the life I want. I saw this video my a man named Jeremy Yost. Jeremy was seriously obese and wanted to change his lifestyle to a more healtier one. Within a year Jeremy's weight loss was astounding but what was hard hitting for me was his motivation for getting up and deciding to lose the weight. Like all of us he had a vision of what he wanted to achieve. But that wasn't enough. He sat down and wrote down the pros and cons to achieving his dream. He discovered that there were more pros than cons and began to action it.  and what amazing results.

He discovered that what was stopping him from achieving his goals was his not having a strong enough, and clear enough vision of what he wanted to achieve in his life and when he got that vision in his mind and wrote down his goals it became a reality for him. I'm going to be following his example and applying myself to achieving my own goals and creating a strong enough vision that it will motivate and encourage me to achieve all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment