Wednesday 22 December 2010

Let our enemies beware...there is only one superpower now.

Anyone that knows me know I love the character Superman. He is ultra cool and recently I have started rereading comics and catching up on what has been happening with my fave character. Did you know he got married to Lois Lane? I didn't. They were also a lot of other shocks along the way one of which is that BATMAN is seriously bad-ass. I never knew. All the superheroes with all their powers are seriously brick themselves when it comes to the dark knight. No one messes with the bat. But anyway I just read the comic book Red Son. It's a sort of retelling of the superman legend so that he is raised in communist Russia and not US of A. I have to say I enjoyed this book. It wasn't a Communist bad/democracy good rhetoric. It was actually a well thought out story with a surprise ending that make us think of the time being linear or cyclical. Anyway to all you comic book fans get down to your local library and borrow Superman: Red Son by Mark Millar.  I think I will be looking out for more stories written by Mr Millar.

No comments:

Post a Comment